Children & Youth
Welcome to Old Town Kids!
Our Nursery Is Open!
An Update on Children’s Programming at OTCC
Families with young children are invited and encouraged to attend worship services in-person. At this time, our nursery is open for children ages 0-2 (learn more by clicking the button above), and children 3+ are still worshipping alongside their parents during our 11 am service. Our worship service planning will reflect the reality that children will be in our worship services (i.e., kid-friendly!).
We are currently seeking more volunteer teachers to serve in our classrooms. Would you like to volunteer as a teacher or assistant in one of our classrooms? Sign up below!
We are updating our protocols monthly. Below is current information to help your family plan:
- Our nursery is open for children ages 0-2. Learn more about nursery protocols and pre-register your children at oldtown.cc/nursery.
- Seating will be spaced out in the sanctuary. Your family will have the option of sitting separately from other groups or being seated in a larger pod with others with whom you feel comfortable.
- We are asking unvaccinated children and adults to continue wearing masks when inside our building. Masks are encouraged for children ages 2-4, but we understand that children in this age group are still getting the hang of masks. That’s fine!
- For a full list of other protocols and guidelines, visit oldtown.cc/attend.
Resources for families:
- Single-use worship activity bags for kids will be available each week. Children can take these home with them after the service.
- Our summer series kits are now available. These contain lesson materials along with activities and crafts to accompany our summer series throughout the months of July and August. You can pick one up in the sanctuary or contact our church office to arrange a weekday pick-up or have kits mailed to you! Lesson materials can also be downloaded on this page!
- We welcome children (and their noises!) in worship, but we invite you to use our first floor family breakout spaces if your child needs a break from the worship service.
Old Testament Explorers: Genesis
Our Old Testament Explorers: Genesis lesson series runs throughout the summer. We hope you’ll join us as we look at stories from the Bible to learn more about some of the earliest stories in our Bibles!
Each week’s lesson includes the following parts:
- Video children’s message previewing the lesson
- Bible story with differentiated options
- Discussion questions for families to talk about together
Like in our last series, we’re using the same lesson guide each week to set a routine for the time. This guide is adaptable, so families can make adjustments that work for them, for the ages of their children, and for each child’s developmental needs!
In addition, we’re going to have some awesome activity packs for children corresponding with each week’s lesson. These will have awesome crafts and other activities to help children connect more deeply with our weekly lessons. Activity packs for this series will be available for pickup at the church starting in July!
Download the lesson guide and access videos and activities using the links below:
7.18.2021 Children′s Message
Our Facebook Group
Parents can connect throughout the week using our Facebook group
Two Ways to Serve with Old Town Kids
Old Town Kids Classroom Clean-Up: We’re doing some significant cleaning up and clearing out of two of our Old Town Kids classrooms, and we need help! There will be tasks ranging from sorting and organizing to lifting and moving. Come and help on Saturday, June 26 from 9-12 or connect with Sarah if you’d like to help but want to set up another time that works for you!
Volunteer in an Old Town Kids classroom: In order to resume children’s classrooms, we need to have volunteers to teach and support the children of OTCC. If you feel ready to be a volunteer in one of our children’s classrooms (nursery, preschool, or elementary), sign up using the button to the right. (We’ve not yet set a date for resuming children’s classes. Signing up does not commit you to set dates, just lets us know you are willing to be on our volunteer team!)