Surprised by the God of Hope
Surprised by the God of Hope: Discussion Group led by Pastor Phil
Have you ever wondered what happens when we die? Most people do at some point in their journey and the promise of the resurrection is at the very core of the gospel of Jesus. However, the question of what happens when we die has caused a great deal of confusion in the church for centuries.
In this video lecture series, Surprised by the God of Hope, Professor N.T. Wright provides a biblical foundation for how we can better grasp what the Bible says about the hope of the resurrection. This 4-week discussion group will be based on a 24-part video lecture series and will focus on questions such as:
- Who makes hope distinctively Christian?
- What is the specifically Christian way of talking about what happens after people die?
- When did all this confusion about life after death begin to permeate the church?
- Where in the New Testament does it speak about the resurrection of the body
- Why does all of this matter?
- How do we recover hope in the public square, social life, and in our family and walk of faith?
If this discussion group sounds interesting to you, check out the details below!
Dates: Monday evenings April 12-May 3
Time: 7:00-8:30 pm
Cost: $50.00 (this will help OTCC cover a portion of the course cost, which is $79.99 per person)
Requirement: Participants will be required to watch six (6) course lectures prior to each week’s discussion group. Each lecture is approximately 20 minutes in length.
Registration: To register, sign up below. (If preferred, email email@example.com or call the church office.)
Registration deadline: April 4, 2021. Registration is now closed for this course. If you are interested in information about future courses similar to this one, feel free to email our church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or subscribe to our newsletter.